YouTube takes on TV with subscription channel plan charging up to £3 a month

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ams963, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Read more here.

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

It's not really a competition thing, it's more of an offered lifeline to very small providers having trouble bringing in customers. It's a decent enough idea, provided there is quality content and not just a high tech version of the old early-morning/late night public access shows. That's what standard Youtube is for. It'll depend on quality and how much of the profit these providers take in that Google yanks from their hands for the privilege of using their service. Yank too much, the content providers will flee. Ask too little, down the road Google will not see it worth their effort and it'll get tossed in the graveyard where all Google experiments that flop rest in peace.

Hopefully content providers don't expect much either to begin with. Very few will pay Hulu+ and Netflix prices unless there is an awful good incentive to stay with it.

3. culla

culla Registered Member

there's so many free tv and movie sites i work afternoon/evening til midnight when i get home its crap on normal tv so i watch anything i want streaming straight onto my monitor from the web no problems and its free:D

there are so many better sites than utube

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

There are? Lol, oh do share. A lot of my faves got knocked out in the Grand Overlord sweep..err, I mean ICE nuked them. The absolute best I've found in some time is Project TV and even they've suffered since many of their hosts have erased almost all early content or have ceased to exist. Personally I'd like to find a better music video website. Youtube is starting to suck for this, either it's all low-quality "fan mixes" or official videos get DMCA'ed. Youtube is also giving me crap about stopping videos about a minute or so in and not buffering anymore until you manually forward it a little.

5. culla

culla Registered Member

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@culla
    Thanks a lot.:D

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I've been to two of these before and wasn't all that impressed. I'm surprised they weren't caught up in the sweeps themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.