YouTube problem with Opera 11 and 12?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rasheed187, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well, it's weird as hell, because even if I allow that script to run, I won't see "plus.googleapies.com", I wonder what happened. Perhaps I have something on my blacklist that's causing this.

2. Rasheed187

All of a sudden, I can't get Facebook and Instagram to load correctly with Opera 12, even with extensions disabled. With a fresh install of Opera 12.17 it does work, so does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I've also cleared the cache.

3. Rasheed187

Never mind, turned out I was blocking some SSL certificates, because Opera warned me about them. Apparently this will kill Facebook and Instagram.

4. Rasheed187

I'm getting a bit fed up, just how many morons are active in web-design? Can anyone confirm that Instagram pages are not working anymore (no pictures being displayed) in Opera 12?

5. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

Rasheed, I discovered that there is a 64 bit version of Opera 12.17. I had been using the 32 bit version in 64 bit Windows 7 and when I installed the 64 bit version, a lot of the problems I've had vanished. Torrentfreak and a couple of other sites load with no weird fonts. I've been testing them for several days now and every time the 64 bit Opera loads them clean but not the 32 bit version. It is also much faster. Ironically, there is no 64 bit version of the new Opera.

6. Rasheed187

Thanks for the tip, I've tested it, but this new problem seems to be caused by a design change, I will now have to notify Instagram, to make it compatible again.

7. Rasheed187

Quick update:

I have contacted Instagram months ago, but they didn't bother to fix it. As far as I'm concerned, they can go to hell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.