YouTube hyperlink errors

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by JackmanG, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackmanG

JackmanG Former Poster

As we know, the forum software is set to turn youtube hyperlinks into displays of the URL, as illustrated here in various formats.

But if you notice, the way that it generates the hyperlink in the URL includes the hyphen at the end of the url in the hyperlink...

So when it shows this:
    Code:
    (-http://youtu.be/OLHh9E5ilZ4-)
    ...the hyperlink is actually
    Code:
    http://youtu.be/OLHh9E5ilZ4-
    Evidently on single video links, the hiphen at the end doesn't affect the link and YouTube simply disregards it. But with a playlist link, such as this one, it actually does break the link.

Is there any admin who could fix this so that the hyphen doesn't get included in the hyperlink?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The mod being used adds a dash at both the beginning and end of the youtube URLs, and renders them all non-clickable. In order to make use of them, the text of the URL needs to be manually copied then pasted into a browser address bar. So, when copying the URL, you simply do not copy either the starting or ending dash.

When you say the hyperlink includes the trailing dash, are you actually seeing any of the youtube URLs as directly clickable here? In every browser I've tried, none of the URLs are clickable. So, any time I use them, I manually copy the text but I don't copy either dash, so they all work fine for me. Are you seeing them differently than that? Are they clickable in some browser you are using?

3. JackmanG

JackmanG Former Poster

Yeah. But if you're saying that's not normal, then it could just be a side-effect of one of my addons or something. But yeah that's what's happening...

http://i43.tinypic.com/ipqwpt.jpg

Attached Files:

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Since your image shows clickable links in all the youtube text URLs, which the forum software is NOT generating on its own... whatever addon you are using is causing this issue for you.

The forum does not make any youtube URLs clickable. Below is how the forum presents youtube links:

Attached Files:

5. JackmanG

JackmanG Former Poster

Yeah I believe you. I'm actually not sure what addon could be causing it. But like I said, as long as it's just me and it isn't something that is sending forum viewers to broken links, it's all good.

Thanks for your responses :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.