You're spending today outdoors, doing what?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Galcoolest, Nov 24, 2004.

?

If I had to choose one way to spend a lovely day outdoors, I'd..

1. Go deep sea fishing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hike into the Redwood forest

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Go bicycling in the wine country

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Go to the nude beach

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Hook up with pick up softball downtown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Attend the free jazz concert in the park

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Go scuba diving

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Go sailing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

Assuming you had only the following choices, and there would be no costs at all, how would you spend a warm, sunny day outdoors, if you could choose only one activity? "Nude beach" is a term we use in Northern California that really means a quiet, clean, radio-free beach away from the urban center.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Play with my Grandson, no question

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I would cycle through the wine country to the edge of the forest where I would walk to my sailboat where I would enjoy some nude fishing and diving while listening to some jazz.......
    What about the Beer Garden?? Do they have them over there?
    Cheers,Buck.

4. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

Buck- that list of potential activities is what a person who lives in the San Francisco Bay ARea can literally choose to do on, say, a July weekend . It is a fabulous place to live for its vast array of fun stuff to do- here only some outdoor stuff was listed.;.

I got to thinking about this because I am still stuck in Florida where the ONLY outdoor activity is the beach, but packed during the good weather months, and hellish hot in the summer when it's not wall to wall people.

The interior terrain is impassable jungle. And that's all there is , beach or jungle. ANd it is so friggin hot and humid so much of the year, even if you did want to go play tennis or something, you might last 15 minutes. I miss the outdoor opportunities at home in SF so darn much.............

5. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

6. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I'll be out plowing this 7.5 inches of snow (so far) that we have. Anyone in Florida want to trade places?

7. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

(From-Mrs. Beetlejuice)

Well, while my husband is out plowing all the snow--basically, putting snow back on the ends of everyone's freshly shoveled driveways. I have been bundleing up our 2 kiddos - two different times to go out and play in the snow. This is usually a 15-30min. process of getting the snowsuit on, then the snow boots on, then the heavy gloves on, then the hat for their heads, then a scarf wrapped tightly around their necks(HA HA, I'm just kidding, not too tightly). Then, I squish it all together inside the snowsuit (kind of like an overstuffed burrito that's ready to pop). Then, I zip them all up so they can't move. They end up walking around like some sort of marshmallow person. Then, if they don't end up remembering that they didn't to go potty first, they usually last about 30min. outside. (Remember, it took that long to get them ready.)

Kids are such fun!!
    :D :D

8. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ahhhh, that's an easy one: go hiking with my wife, quess where? Acadia, Mount Desert Island, Maine.

Acadia

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I see some have added their own activities. I could do that too, but I will stick with the list. Wine Country Biking, with the family, that would be fun and different. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.