Your toolchest

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by curious george, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yes:D that's true

2. kupton

kupton Registered Member

UBCD4WIN
    MBAM
    SAS
    Hitman Pro
    Avira
    Combofix
    exefix.reg
    Gmer
    Re-Enable Portable
    Process Explorer

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow, this thread have been a great informative one!!
    You should sticky it :p

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Personally, I find now-a-days that I can just tell them to get MBAM, and run it. Make it remove everything it finds. It is amazing how many malware type things it handles. Full blown virus/trojan, maybe that requires some personal help.

I support a lot of people. Most of them don't listen. I stopped recommending, and just started enabling SRP of some form and installed Sandboxie. Many of them have bought SBIE, and those that did not, well, they are sandboxed but don't really know it. I simply train them that from now on, all things get downloaded to one place. Depending on thier browser, I set it to not ask, just download to location X.

BartPE or some form thereof is my tool of choise. Couple with about any tool you like, just being able to get at the OS without booting from it is the key for me.

Reformat is the last choise. I have been telling them for the last year or so, if you don't have an external drive large enough to house your critical data, then I am not coming over. This also has alleviated a lot of issues, because now, unlike the local computer shops, I can reformat without losing thier personal data.

Sul.

5. curious george

curious george Registered Member

I dont mean to bump up an old thread, but I do find this thread particularly useful, and seeing how new tools have come out, I wanted to see whats new.

So guys, and few girls(?), list away!

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Actually thanks to this list, i made my own toolchest like a month ago, have disinfected 4 pc's from friends (One had over 600+ malware, 300 were detected by Panda AV and 300 from Emsisoft AM) and i still haven't finished with it :rolleyes:

7. curious george

I had a call once, my friend was running "low on disk space". I thought it was p*rn over load, but it was in fact a worm that duplicated itself.

UBCD4Win taken from here.

2300 first scan, another 400 on another. I want more tools. lol

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

9. curious george

MWAV seems cool, i had the rest. Have you tried it? How effective is it?

10. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Some others maybe not mentioned so far - all free:

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
    Norton Power Eraser
    Dr.Web CureIt
    Panda Cloud Antivirus
    Prevx
    ThreatFire
    VirusTotal Uploader
    USEC Radix
    VBA32 Antirootkit
    Rootkit Unhooker
    Online Solutions Autorun Manager - classifies autoruns by hash into various statuses via online lookup; detects some stealthed autoruns - did well in recent anti-rootkit tests at http://antimalware.ru/antirootkits_test_2010
    OTL by OldTimer
    ESET SysInspector

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.