Your thoughts on new features for AVERT?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by weirddemon, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weirddemon

weirddemon Registered Member

As many of you know, I'm going to release the latest version of AVERT, v2.2, later this month. Development and testing is coming along very well. In fact, I only have one more thing to finish and development will be complete.

With that being said, I began to think about AVERT as a whole. What it does, is actually pretty amazing (if I may say so). To the average user, what happens beneath the scenes might as well just be magic. But as I'm developing this software and the way it's being developed, I see clearly all of the differences between AVERT and its predecessors. Especially those features that make it unique.

But as I wrap everything up for this version, I wanted to incorporate additional features/tools that would make the software... more unique. Something that sets itself apart from other software like it. While the individual processes and features are unique, they just can't be transparent enough.

I've added some unique tools to v2.2, like a tool to view and enabled/disable startup items. I've also created a tool to delete group policies that malware may have created and another to reset common settings that malware often disrupts.

So I come to you, my fellow Wilders Security forum-ers... or something. To see if you all have any ideas on what I can add in; tasks that you often do that would make it a little easier to either have a tool for, or an automated task.

There is one feature that I would really like to implement, but for the life or me (so far), I haven't been able to figure out how it works. Geek Squad's MRI has a tool called the Replicating Infection Finder. It does basically does what it sounds like and I've seen it in action, but I still can't figure out the specifics. So, that's a lost cause until I can figure it out.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.