Your OS sucks

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dogbite, Sep 14, 2015.

1. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

This comes from facebook, so I link it but also copy the full text for those who do not want even to click on it.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kevin-frei/your-os-sucks/10153643564654427

This guy works at facebook and wrote this funny but interesting note on main OS's

-----------
    -------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Infected

Infected Registered Member

Very good read. I bet this will upset a lot of people here lol..

3. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

To me this calls to mind that saying about the perfect being the enemy of the good. :)

Windows => painfully on point about the updates. Otherwise... whatever.

Linux => the stuff about the Linux community is dead on, unfortunately (though BSD is even worse in my experience). Linux desktop stuff suits me fine, but then I'm used to it. I'm disappointed he doesn't lay into Linux on the server though, because that has its own laundry list of special problems.

OSX => not enough experience with it to comment, other than to say that it's much slower than Linux even on powerful hardware.

4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

That made me laugh. Good read :)

5. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

I didn't find it all that funny, but that's probably because I wrote a lot of similar rants back when I was in college.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to cater to everyone and doing so will only result in something mediocre overall (as the post states). Might as well patent something that can easily enable us to code our own OS from scratch!

7. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

OK, it was fun to read and all, but what is the point of this article really ? Did somebody really expect man-made operating systems with no problems at all to exist?

8. Infected

Infected Registered Member

As many years as M$ has been around, you would think by now it would be close.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.