Your Favourite Forum at Wilders.

Discussion in 'polls' started by dog, May 3, 2004.

?

What's Your Favourite Forum at Wilders

1. Diamond CS

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Eset NOD32

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Javacool

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Look n Stop

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Acronis (New)

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Hijack and Spyware

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  7. Security Software

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. Virus and Trojan Support

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  9. Other Security Issues

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  10. Privacy Software and Issues

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  11. General Software and Services

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Polls

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  13. Ten Forward

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

What's your Favourite Forum at Wilders? You may choose multiple answers ... and a post of why you like it, would be nice. :)

2. dog

dog Guest

I like most, no I love most of the forums ... everything but eset, look 'n stop and acronis and this is only because I don't have these proggies.

The rest I love'm equally ... as they are a constant source of new knowledge and help ... ;)

But if I had to single one out ... it would definitely be Ten Forward ... it is what to me, makes Wilders feel like home.

dog - *puppy*

And I will of course modify my list ... should I happen to win one of the Acronis Lic. at the 15,ooo member milestone ... lol :D ... wink, wink, Paul ;)

:D

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I didn't see it listed but I like (other antivirus and other firewalls) also. ;)

4. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I'm a frequent visitor to the lower half of the forum.

What's a bit disturbing to me is the number of posts about 'best av' 'best at' and 'see how many security tools I have installed'. This often seems like a religious thing.
    I stated often that preventing security risks is more important than fighting them. I feel alone in this mission :'(

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

A small comfort: at least there's one who feels the same, André :)

7. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I "keep an eye" on the Nod32 forum, but my most visited would be "Updates".
    :rolleyes:

8. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Too bad (and there are good reasons it was set up this way) quotes-within-quotes can't be picked up, or I would have included Paul's reply. I suppose I could figure out how to code that manually, but that's too much like work. ;)

Anyway, back to topic. It's pretty much the same here (computer protection, that is) as with "street" crime -- police forces just about everywhere agree that one of their strongest weapons is public awareness and education.

9. MCT

MCT Registered Member

I like javacool's products, especially spyware blaster :D as it totally prevents all of the spyware from getting on my pc while browsing , and nod32 forum, cuz thats my av :p and i like 2 keep up2 date with the bugs and stuff for both forums , i also enjoy helping people solve problems :p

10. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

It's so hard to choose. I like so many of them. :D But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be one the DCS forums since I use most of their products.

11. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I agree! It is hard to choose a favorite. I find myself dwelling mostly in the security software section. I like to keep apprised about various product information.

12. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Please don't, André :)

As for me, I happen to love to combine "business with pleasure", and therefore am very grateful for the platform in this form (!) provided here at Wilders:
    Though some of you might think I'm only joking around on the ten-forward section, I'm not. :cool:
    While sharing trivia (interesting or not) on the lower side of this forum, I jump around on the upper side :ninja:, collecting knowledge day after day: so much to learn and do!
    I believe that I'm not the only one with this approach, and I think I would speak for many others if I say that, though not being an expert (and I don't have the illusion I'll ever become one), I feel priviliged for receiving so much expert-advice in an active or passive way.
    My favourites (at this stage) are "Browser Hijacks and spyware problems" (that's how I ended up here in the first place: esp. ty 4 PieterArntz!); "Privacy software & Issues"; and "Other security issues".

I'd like to express once more a big "ThankYou" to all administrators, moderators and fellow members; You all make this forum a treasure, a well of inspiration and knowledge and above all....

a great place to hang out!

regards,
    Slammer

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I LOVE them ALL......even the ones that I have no idea what the POSTERS are talking about!!.....it's just that I feel so close to the peeps that just pop in and out of my lovely life.......life is good.......

Cochise, :cool: (In reflective mood).

14. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi dog
    my fave is virus and trogan support but all of them are great--i read most of the posts from all of them just hoping ill gain knowledge --which i have
    Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.