your details

Discussion in 'polls' started by levifransson, Aug 8, 2009.

?

r

1. yes i fake it

33 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. no i use my real name, etc.

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. levifransson

levifransson Registered Member

when registering for websites and software etc. that ask you for your details such as full name, d.o.b., country, zip code, email, tel and everything else they want to know, do you use your real details or do you just spoof it?

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I allways provide real info except the name, there is no need for that, unless I buy something there and that is/should be covered by privacy protection rights.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

If I use my credit card to buy anything, it would be meaningless to give wrong information, surveys are different though.

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Both, depending on the venue.
    I never use my real name as a handle or name at a forum.
    When registering anywhere on-line, or ordering merchandise, I use my real name.

5. progress

progress Guest

yes i fake it :doubt:

6. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I always use my real personal info, but I never use the same username. I do not care that my real info is in the background for the site's admin to see (he can see my IP address and many more things anyway) but I do take great care what info I post in the open for every average Joe to see. The most important thing is that I always take great care where I register to and if I don't have full trust in a site and it's admins, I will never register.

I am registered here (obviously) and all of my info here is true, such as DOB, my ISP e-mail, country and all other data. Except for my username, which is obviously something stupid. This is a rather serious place, so my avatar is also accordingly pretty decent (not provoking, obscene or something like that). I am also registered on a music based forum (discussing bass guitars and equipment) where you wouldn't believe this is the same person. The third forum I am registered to is the forum discussing graphics design (as this is my profession), and there, I am something third. In real life, I am neither of these identities. So I don't really spoof my personal info, but rather assume the identity in the open which is (more or less) appropriate to the type and level of discussion I'm participating in.

I do not have facebook, myspace or other stupid social networking accounts.

When registering software, I do not use my real name but rather the name of my PC.

Oh yes, I never give out my phone number. I don't like my phones ringing when they're not supposed to... ;)

7. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I don't give my DOB unless it's totally essential, i round it out a bit but the end result is within +/- 1 year of my real one.

Many of my offline accounts like electric, phone, internet etc all ask my DOB as verification when i ring them up so i'd prefer not to associate this same piece of info with sites online.

8. I no more

I no more Registered Member

I fake anything that's humanly possible to fake. Even if I pay for something online, I often use prepaid cards and fake info. Faking is my default policy. I don't even attempt to make my fake information close to my real information. Half the time I'm male and the other half I'm female. Usually, I was born around the time of the Great Depression, but sometimes I'm a baby boomer. :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Only stuff associated with my address, such as my utilities, Ebay, etc. are real. Believe me, I would fake those too if I could. But they gotta have a real address. :thumbd:

9. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Yes, my name really is Threedog and I really am a 7' tall Eskimo from Tuktoyaktuk that makes $1,000,000 a year selling snow to Alaskan's.

10. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Depends, sometimes real, sometimes not.

When I subscribe to things I basically consider useful junk, then I have a handful of personalities, but for stuff that I care for, I use the real one. And of course, a MUST: 90210 zipcode :)

Mrk

11. Dude111

Dude111 Registered Member

I also usually put in bogus info (I value my privacy)

12. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

To update my previous post, I have abandoned my anonymity and put my nick next to my real name, because anonymity on the internet equals to loneliness. :rolleyes:

13. Get

Get Registered Member

Depends on what it's for. For buying something/registration that really needs it and is thrustworthy real name etc.. For everything else fake. Get.

14. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

sometimes real sometimes fake:D

15. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I don't ever use real personal info on the internet.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Most of the times its fake, like 99% of the time. :D

17. guest

guest Guest

Near everytime, I try to fake everything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.