Young people fear internet of things will give away their secrets

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by SweX, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.welivesecurity.com/2014/...ernet-of-things-will-give-away-their-secrets/

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

OK read. I find it "head scratching" that folks claim to be so privacy/security concerned, and yet they live on Facebook!! You think its just a disconnect??

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

IMO it is more likely a side effect of typical youth behavior. FB is something their friends engage in so they play along as well regardless of the risks. With an Internet of things however, it becomes less a social consequence and more unavoidable surveillance. Think - "COOL!, my friends are checking out my latest pic" against "is the TV watching me watch it?".

4. guest

guest Guest

It's called the bandwagon effect. They don't even know about what they are thinking. Most people didn't care about privacy issues before Snowden incident. Google and other commonly hated companies/agencies have been privacy villains long before that. I just think it's funny to see people being panic and start using privacy toolkits all of a sudden. Not rare to hear they fell into the traps of the so-called privacy heroes which actually frauds and do things as bad as, or even worse, than your classical privacy villains like Google.

5. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

More like a "very tiny part of...". I bet the vast majority of them never heard of Google analytics and what it does.

6. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

ok

So of the possible choices they picked what any sane human being of any age would. But then you try to find the original "report" and

http://www.voxburner.com/publications/679-are-young-people-wild-about-the-internet-of-things

oh ok

7. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

Just don't use the devices. It can't get any simpler than that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.