you have a motorcycle?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by bigc73542, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

hehe, I started riding at the age of 9 or 12 (can't remember). I had a purple "TACO" minibike. I rode that all over town - police never caught me - hell, back then there were no police - at least, I never saw one - :cool:

Whoa! I just googled for taco minibike and look! http://members.tripod.com/jleibovitch/id121.htm

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

full rear suspension on a mini bike,not bad ;)

3. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

hehe, I wish - mine was a "rigid" :D

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

o wow, this brings back memories. I had a kawasaki mini bike over 30 yrs ago.
    I also started with a susuki 50 cc and picked up an old vespa along the trail . Ended up with a triump thunderbird 650 and ex cop boniville 650 .Spent 3 months in hospital after I wiped myself out on the thunderbird. After that slowed down to a honda 250 trail bike . Then progressed to a mini. :)

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I don't have a motorcycle. :'(

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I love riding with someone on a motorcycle,my ex husband had an old HD and I learned to ride a little,was never good at it because I was afraid ,I had nearly killed myself on a dirt bike.I had a wreck and broke my nose,blacked both eyes and knocked a huge knot on my head therefore the fear wouldnt let me try to hard and I was never a good driver of one.though I'll ride with someone every chance I get!just dont want to drive :D

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Registered Member

Mods, please can you delete this thread? It is making me sooooooooo envious.

Failing that, can you just delete anything and everything that is unflattering to the Triumph Bonneville?

(There's an old one parked up along the roadside in town, rusting away, and I can't find the owner - how's that for a definition of frustration?)

8. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

Suzuki VX-800

9. Terryala

Terryala Rest in Peace

Does my Mo Ped with Training Wheels count. Thats all my wife will let me have at my age.

Grand Dad

10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i used to ride off road from about the age of 8, best thing ever, i dont ride now, for afew reasons, 1, because i live in a city, 2, im not very sensible 3, i think im God's gift on two wheels, which im not. :'( :D not a good combination! :(

well, i couldnt help myself here. heres a picture of Barry Sheene, is that a duck?

http://http://www.colincarter.freeserve.co.uk/our%20barry.jpg

11. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

There were a lot of TURBO bikes in the 80s by Honda, Kawa, and Yamaha. Don't believe Suzuki had one. Turbos are still too slow for racing due to the turbo lag. You must have tweaked the boost cause that 750cc class Yamaha will top out in the high 130s to low 140s depending on mechanical condition. Don't rely too much on the factory speedometer to gauge your speed cause they could be off by 5 to 7% at that speed. Easiest way for the average rider to check speed is to rely on the highway distance markers.

Yamaha SR250G
    Yamaha 550 Vision
    Kawasaki GPz 550
    Kawasaki 900R

I don't see a lot of good riders on the road anymore. In the old days, one could obtain a 125/250 for less than $800. Perfect learning bikes. Today, there are too many 1st time Harley riders with zero protection soup-bowl helmets.

12. dog

dog Guest

I like Grand Dad ... have a better half that won't let me discuss, much less anything else to do with bikes ... <Quote> "Don't even think about it, Buddy! Because You'll never get on one again well I'm Alive! Period ~End of Story~" The Boss whispered with a Smiling Smirk! :mad: :blink: ... How do they sense these things? o_O Wasn't even in the same room? ~Magical Powers~ I guess :doubt: dog is banned from this thread ... ;) :D

13. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hmm....this could hurt. :eek:

Attached Files:

14. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

That's right....don't see too many good street riders these days.

Being a good rider on the street means paying close attention to temperature (I ride throughout the year), available surface traction, and knowing how to use your best friend...."the front brake." Though there ARE times brake sliding the rear for that slight shift in direction needs to be exercised....

Offroad your less likely to be run over when a miscalculation occurs....and usually survive those mistakes. Most skilled riders have experienced sand, rocks, grass, water. They get to practice dynamic weight transfer....balance....and confidence push steering with a locked front end. Whether your sliding the rear under power, or bringing the back end around under heavy decompression....skills learned in the trails are integral to a street fighters decision making.

As the smallest and most difficult to see vehicle on the road, mentality forces me to ride as though invisible.......
    the horn and rear brake light are the first items disconnected. :ninja:

Below....though a tad heavy, one of many....objects of desire.

GF

Attached Files:

15. snowbound

Hey GF, here's something u don't see everyday! :D

Attached Files:

16. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The turbo waste gate was set to open at 27lbs, factory was 12/14
    I have an after market electronic speedo by Barnett, the same people that make motorcycle racing clutches. This bike will do an honest 159 mph. I have a friend with a big bore Ninja that can't keep up with it. :D

17. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

@snowbound....Your right....that isn't something I see everyday!

The hubless wheel principle has been out some time now,
    but it's still too exotic to find it's way on production machinery, but it may eventually.

Back to this psychopath....how long do you suppose he can go before his spare ribs are done? :D

GF

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  18. snowbound

:D :D :D

Shouldn't be too long now. :D ;) :D

snowbound

19. snowbound

Man, i just love this stuff. :cool:

These guys have.......

Attached Files:

20. snowbound

More,

Attached Files:

21. snowbound

And finally, the man who inspired it all.

Who is it? ;) :D

Attached Files:

22. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

23. snowbound

Yes! :cool:

Strangely, one of my childhood heroes. My father, along with his 7 brothers were all muscle car and bike enthusiasts. :cool:

I'll never forget as a youngster, seeing Evel, risk his life, with those insane jumps of his. :eek:

There will never be anyone like that again....

snowbound

24. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

25. snowbound

He sure is Ron....

His son Robbie, continues the tradition.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.