"You do not have enough priviliges " problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bonalymac, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonalymac

bonalymac Registered Member

I am having problems with ATI Home v11. I sent this query to Tech Support on 2nd JUne, and have heard nothing from them. Not very impressed!

I've just re-installed all software on my PC, and I managed to create a Backup of my c:(System) disk apparently quite happily.

I then started to look at my other disks (I have 7 logical disks spread over 4 physical disks all local). I am only just starting to use Acronis TI so I'm not an experienced user with it, but I decided to create a backup location on my Z disk.

Each tiime I stried to create a backup location, it hangs with an empty dialog box. I did a re-install (after checking I have the latest version - 11.8053).

When I rebooted, I get this error message
    "You do not have enough priviliges to get full access to all Acronis True Image Home Functionality."​

The prog then closes. Incidentally it is a home PC with only 1 user who is the administrator (running Vista Home Premium with SP1).

What do I try next please. I ran the Acronis report utility as well and sent it to them, but I haven't included it with this post at this stage.

Thanks

Colin

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bonalymac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

The issue is not a usual one and probably it needs to be escalated to our Experts Team. So could you please tell me the number of your case in Acronis support Department? I'll try to escalate the issue processing.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. bonalymac

I sent the following (by email - was that a mistake?) on FRiday, Still haven't heard anything.

Not at all impressed

Unfortunately I haven't got a note of the case number. I completed an on-line form on 2nd June. (I think it was morning (UK time), but can't swear to that.

I have had nothing that I can trace in reply.

Here's the full text of what I sent, plus the attachments.

Colin

4. Acronis Support

Hello bonalymac,

Thank you for taking time to answer.

After submitting request you should have received a confirmation e-mail. So please check this, probably it has been mistakenly moved to your junk folder.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

5. bonalymac

For heavens sake, what do I need to do to get a resposne here.

I submitted a request on-line on 2nd June. I may or may not have received an acknowledgement, if it did go to my Junk Folder, it is long gone.

However, on 1oth June, you volunteered to " ... try to escalate the issue processing ..... " I replied shortly after telling you I could. If you could not deal with my resposne then, why has it taken almost a week to tell me that.

Can you clarify two points

1 Did my original on-line enquiry arrive, and is it still in progress either waiting a response from me or not?

2 What has happened to your attempts to escalate my enquiry?

3 When will I get a response to one or other of these enquiries?

All I want to do is use the software I have paid for. I am currently unable to use it, and now 10 days after submitting a tech support query, I appear to be no nearer a solution now than when I started.

PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER. YOUR LAST MESSAGE MEANT NOTHING.

6. Acronis Support

Hello bonalymac,

We are sorry for delayed response.

In order to answer your questions (and to be able to escalate your case, as well), we need some information to find your case in our database. The simpliest would be the Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) that was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. But, if you have not received an autoreply, or already deleted it, then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Meanwhile, could you please clarify if during installation of Acronis True Image 11 Home the "Install for all users" or the "Install for current user only" option was chosen? If it was the second one, could you please try reinstaling Acronis True Image with "Install for all users" option, and see if it solves the problem?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.