You do not have enough privileges to create the file Please choose another location.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by flatleyld, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatleyld

flatleyld Registered Member

I'm trying to make an image of my Domain Controller with the Acronis True Image Management Console (version 9.1 build 3854). I get as far as selecting the destination I want to back up to, and I get the following error: You do not have enough privileges to create the file(insert path and file name here) Please choose another location. I'm logged in as the administrator, and I'm using the administrator credentials while working in the ATIMC. All of my other servers work just fine to the same directory. What gives?

2. flatleyld

Re: You do not have enough privileges to create the file Please choose another locat

I've also tried mapping a drive and I get a user name and password prompt to connect to the mapped drive. If I put in the administrators user name and password, it keeps asking for it. It doesn't seem to work at all, and it's just this one server. I can access the mapped drive with no problem inside windows explorer.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Look up the computer name in computer properties and try that instead of user name.

Xpilot

4. flatleyld

Re: You do not have enough privileges to create the file Please choose another locat

Nope, didn't work. I've tried looking to see if there was an update to my software...but the website wont let me register the serial number I have for some reason.o_O It says I have a valid number, but it wont do it. I guess that's a dead end for me too. Any more ideas on how to get pass this permission frustration?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello flatleyld,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that as all operations performed by Acronis Agent are run under the remote computer account. So, the account you use on the computer with Acronis Agent has to have permission to write to desired location.

Regarding the problem with serial number registration, please send us a Private Message with your serial number and e-mail which you used for your account registration. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. flatleyld

I ended up allowing the Everyone group to have modify rights to the directory since for some reason the administrator account couldn't do it. Thanks for your help.

7. flatleyld

Since my last post, my backup worked once. Now it's time to make an image again, and I'm confronted with the same error on this one server. I haven't changed any settings on my permissions, so I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting the error again. This is my main DC that I'm trying to image, and it's the only server giving me this error.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello flatleyld,

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create screenshots of all steps of archive creation wizard up to the point when the problem appears. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.