You do not have enough permissions to manage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeffshead, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffshead

jeffshead Registered Member

I get the following error when trying to access the Backup server (ATI ES 9.1.371:cool: via the Management Console locally or remotely (LAN).

Member invoke failed (0xE000B)
    path = "CreateUsers",
    pos = A,
    token =
    Tag = 0x83D6A86BA3ABB644
    Member invoke failed (0x12000B)
    token = "[backupserver.exe]"
    Tag = 0xB5327A524682A278
    You do not have enough permissions to manage Acronis Backup Server. If you want to be able to manage it, add user profile with administrator rights in the Acronis Backup Server. (0x2D0014)
    Tag = 0xDCEBE4744CB9FA72

I can remotely and locally connect via Management console to the machine that the back up server is installed on just fine. I just cannot manage the back up server.

I have tried many different things such as adding the correct users to the Acronis Backup Group via WinXP MMC. I even edited some registry keys such as changing the HKey_Local_Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/ lanmanserver/parameters and setting the IRPStackSize value to 15 (and others)

I even made sure the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management pagedpoolsize is set to 0.

I also made sure the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Acronis key permissions are set correctly by giving system and the correct users full control.

I don’t know what else to try.

All my systems are WinXP SP2 Intel based. The normal shares work fine on all computers.

Any suggestions?

2. jeffshead

jeffshead Registered Member

Forgot to mention that I reinstalled Acronis as well.

Also noticed when I create a back up (using the reboot discs) the sytem hangs when I click on the close button after the image is created. I just get a black screen with 'Restarting system.' text at the top.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeffshead,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please submit a request for technical support containing the following information?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both computer where Acronis Backup Server is installed and computer where Acronis Management Console is running;

Rename the files collected to report_console.txt, sysinfo_sonsole.NFO and report_server.txt, sysinfo_server.NFO accordingly.

- Can you confirm that the problem persists both when Acronis Management Console is running on the same computer where Acronis Backup Server is installed and when you connect to Acronis Backup Server using Acronis Management Console installed on a remote machine?

- Is user profile that you use to connect to Acronis Backup Server added to Acronis Backup Server database as it is described in Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide?

- Is this user profile a member of either local, global or domain Administrators?

- Did you try to connect to Acronis Backup Server using the same user profile you installed this component under?

- Describe your network structure in detail. Let us know if domain controller is present in your network.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.