Yo, Todd ...

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Acadia, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

... thank you for moderating this Forum. I had no idea that you were THE Todd, the same Todd who developed this program. Just want to say that this is the best, um, don't know if Paul uses languages filters so just let me say, that this is the best #&$*#(@&$* program that I have ever used. When I first read about it's features in July of 2004 I quite simply did not believe it until I realized that it was being sold by Raxco, and I knew that they were a very respectible company. So I gambled and purchased it ... two weeks later I purchased another liscense for my wife's machine. Thanks for developing it and again, thanks for being here.

Acadia

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Todd

I second,third, and fourth Acadia's remarks. Glad to now have you at Wilders. Seems like the two go together.

Welcome,

Pete

3. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Yo Acadia,

I see that you are a frequent thread poster on our technology. I thank you for that and you kind words.

I do a great amount of traveling as an evangelist of the technology, once folks grasp our very different approach to high availability; they seem to be sold as you are. Again, many thanks.

I am looking forward to hearing the wants and needs from folks in this forum using the product "in-the-trenches". We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our product roadmap.

btw: Stay Tuned, I have something interesting/fun coming for the members of this forum.

"The Todd"

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  4. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

I have to be the third (after Acadia & Pete) to welcome you. You have a great piece of software :thumb: (FD-ISR)

I have suspected Acadia along with Pete to be your undercover sales team for some time now and now increasing my suspicion by the Leapfrog forum (Todd) turning up, I think I've got they were your forerunners. LOL

betauser2

5. Peter2150

It's hard to contain your enthusiasm when something like FDISR has save your bottom so many times. For me it can be as much as several times a week, in part because I am slightly fearless.

Pete

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hey, if that's the case, I want some of the $$$. :D

Acadia

7. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I think it was this Todd I exchanged a flurry of emails with before I purchased FD from Raxco. If it is, nice to see you here. :)

8. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Thanks for coming Todd . I too , use the product and love it ! The problem is Raxco . The way they sell it . You are in deep crap if you ever need to download again . IF you by the protection ( RIPOFF) you can download it up to 3 times . After that , you are screwed . That is unfair and cheap . I am surprised more people havve not told them to drop dead . It would have been nice for others to have gotten this to sell .

9. Peter2150

Hi Hollywoodpc

I don't think you are being fair to Raxco. The last 5 programs I've purchased try to sell download insurance. In lieu of that they warn you to make a backup copy. I don't see what Raxco is doing as any different then all others. True there are some that you can download trials and put in a key, but when I download the raxco product there was no key. Just set it up and run. I think thats a pretty good trade off.

Pete

10. hollywoodpc

I am a bit surprised at you Peter . You and I have always gotten along great . For you to say I am being unfair is out of line . I could sit and tell you the long story of what a run around I had to go through . Just so you know , I know there are good AND bad people at Raxco . And I am happy that you buy crapware from companies that do this . Screw making a back up . I did ! Now , may I suggest you do not say I am being unfair ? I do not appreciate that . Raxco are the bad guys here . Makes no difference that you have had a good experience . I need not explain anything more . Please , say they are great but , DO NOT tell me I am being unfair . I know what I have dealt with . Leave me out ok . Thank you for your time

11. Peter2150

Hey Hollywoodpc

My apologies, I didn't mean to step on a nerve, all I am saying is the one time only download is a fairly common thing. Many of the companies that sell the most popular business products do this. For example Omnipage and Paperport, both highly reputable products. Same price for a CD version or download version. But you only get that one shot at download. Beyond that you are at the mercy of the customer service folks and the mood they are in.

Again my apologies my friend

Pete

12. hollywoodpc

Apology accepted ! No problem . I want to apologize as well . Just please understand that you DID hit a nerve . Raxco has given me headaches that you would not believe ! In the past month and a half , it has been much better because of whom I now deal with there .
    So you know , they have given me 3 , COUNT THEM , 3 different definitions of the redownload service you can buy . All of which are very different . That is what we are dealing with .
    My apologies to you Peter . I let my emotions over those %$#@!^&* get to me and took it out in here . Very sorry . All is well here . Glad we are buds . We always have been .:cool:
    Thanks for your understanding

13. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I think this is why they give you the option of paying an extra fee for further downloads of the same product over the next year should you need to. If you don't take that offer up, then it becomes harder.

14. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

I agree 100%. After a HD crash containing my downloaded copy of PerfectDisk I contacted the company explaining that I was two weeks out of my 12 month extended download period and could they give me a link to download the version I was using. I had my original invoice and the license certificate they had sent me.

In effect, Raxco in the UK and USA told me to get lost and buy another copy. The result; I will never consider or buy software from them again.

15. hollywoodpc

See ! They DO tell you that you need to buy another copy . How ridiculous . Oh , but , they think they are being nice by offering a discount in some cases to buy it AGAIN !!! The problem with mine was it was saved to an external hard drive . When I went to put it on my new computer , one of the dll files was missing ACCORDING to PD . It was in there but , was not being seen by the application . Dealt on 3 different occasions with Raxco telling them what had happened . Basically , too bad for me . Very sad way to do business.

16. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I can't debate hollywoodpc's bad experiences. I only wanted to add my own anecdote of a good experience.

About 2 years ago, I was awarded a licensed copy of PerfectDisk Server as a result of my beta testing participation. Within a year I had lost my copy. Back in September '05, once I had my 4 machine home network set up, I decided I really wanted to have the Server copy back but the price was like $220+. Unfortunately, I had no maintenance agreement in place for this (although I had recently purchased two additional workstation licenses for home machines).

I emailed my problem to Bruce Atkins at Raxco Product Maintenance at about 10PM on a Friday night. I was greatly pleased when Bruce sent me a download link for a replacement copy of PD 7.0 Server at 8:47 AM Monday morning. Rest assured, that download is now burned to CD.

I don't want to fan the flames on a debate over Raxco customer service but simply wanted to pipe up with my own positive experience since I would prefer it be known that they can be kind about matters.

17. Peter2150

Hey Guys

I''ve also had outstanding experience with Raxco. I also was able to make a pretty good contact within sales. If you'd like PM me your contact info, and I'll see if I can help you get some TLC to make up for what happened.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.