Yikes! Nothing Happened After Reboot!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jcerious, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcerious

jcerious Registered Member

I just installed Disk Director for the purpose of resizing my C:\ partition. The geniuses at Sony decided it would be cool to take a single disk drive and divide it up into 2 partitions. The C:\ drive they gave 14 gbs of space to. The D:\ drive they allocated 140 gbs! Go figure!

Anyway, I finally ran out of room and had to resize the C:\ partition to give it more space.

I went through all the procedures in Disk Director and the last step was to click on Commit. I clicked on Commit and it asked me if I wanted to reboot. I said yes. The computer shut down, but then nothing happened! It is still turned on, but the screen went blank and there is no drive activity whatsoever. The drive lights aren't flashing, there's no noise - nothing. I don't know what to do. Should I leave it alone for awhile? Or should I just force it to restart?

Any ideas would be appreciated! And soon hopefully! Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Can you jot down the actions you took?

Did you make a rescue CD before hand?

Do you get the Sony BIOS splash screen or BIOS info at boot up?

Colin

3. Angela

Angela Registered Member

Sony normally splits the disk 50/50 unless there is a good reason not to. You do not say if it is FAT or NTFS or what the OS is. Are you sure that there is not a good reason for the partition size? Have you checked the Sony documentation.

NB. If this is a new PC then obviously the above is not relevant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.