YifyTV

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by controler, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

"I downloaded couple 720p & 1080p torrent movies to see the difference on my TV. I searched & found that someone named "YIFY" & his movies are famous on torrent for quality & small sizes. So I downloaded his movies."
    I decided to go to YifyTV and check it out. It appears to be a site where you can watch streaming new movies.
    I noticed if I selected one another browser window would open in the background and I could not close it unless I did a CTL ALT DEL. Also get the popups about new flash player ect.
    If there a program that can stop this type action?
    I am running Win 8.1 64bit with apguard, Malwarbytes Pre, Zemana , MAlwarbytes antiexploit Pre

2. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Is any firewall being run?

Outpost firewall helps but you need to manually add these sites to site blocking.
    So you need to be hit with these website popups before you can add them.

Private firewall has this option as well but doesnt accept https websites IME.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

4. siljaline

Add the link that allowed infection of your PC to your Restricted Sites Zone ; assuming use of Internet Explorer as a primary Browser.

Add the link to your Hosts file, if you use a custom Hosts file.

There are Forums that specifically discuss and support Torrenting, seek help from other Torrenting peers. Don't Torrent at all to avoid these sorts of infections.

5. guest

guest Guest

JFYI the "Sites Zones" policies should also be applicable to Chromium/Chrome and other Chromium forks.

6. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

I would be very interested to know what film you were watching when this happened. Yify has a very good reputation, especially their torrents. I don't use the streaming site much, but on the odd occasion I have had no problems whatsoever. You should always run your browser under Sandboxie
    I really do not think Yify are into infecting people :rolleyes:

7. controler

controler Guest

The new exploit is once you are infected you won't get the popups anymore.
    I guess I didn't say I WAS infected but rather they are trying to infect you and mick92z I hate to tell you this but Yify as well as Yify TV both try to have you install crap. And yes I have used all the programs you guys have mentioned even before most of you have and also Have edited my host files since Win 95. Just trying to give you a heads up this these are the most popular sites now. Yify not being able to get the newest movies posted as soon as Yify TV.

Side note : A co worker clicked on one of those popups and I ran Malwarebytes. It was finding stuff and his brother decided he was an expert (Know it All)
    And ran one of those new uninstall programs plus all the other crap you see the experts recommend on clean up sites. He ruined the Reg. and so the company called in their outside IT people that they have a retainer for. Not thinking someone like me that has been doing this since they were in diapers could possibly known anything A great grandpa pa at that. Long story short the Experts that they pay big money to said oh gee we can't clean it and you need a new hard drive. LOL

Can anyone here tell me what the first AntiTrojan was? No cheating either.

8. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ controler

Hi, the first AT was BOClean ! Ahh, those were the days.

9. siljaline

You might also add to your security tool chest, ESET's Rogue applications removal tool, sort of like a quick online scan. May not work in this case but it may remove items others have missed.
    Get 32 or 64 bit here - >
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2372

Standard AV | AS scanning and recovery protocols apply in these cases (or) a format and re-install of OS if infection is too bad. Again; Wilders does not support malware removal.

Extreme prudence always comes first when visiting sites such as these, YIFY Torrents is no exception.

10. mick92z

Are you familiar with Yify torrents ?

What crap is being installed . I have been on Yify TV and Yify torrents, using Chrome,I do have adblock extension. I get no pop ups, no new windows, no prompts to install anything. Please be more specific, if you saying Yify is trying to infect you, then give some details
    You are talking about this site ? ~ Removed URL As Per TOS ~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  11. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

i was not aware about yify downloads or streaming site. And it looks good to me.
    I have visited yify.tv and i do not see any pop-ups. Of course i am using uBlock.

Also, i have scanned above site in virustotal and none of them flagged it with anything..

@controller, do you have the specific link where this problem occurs?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  12. mick92z

Ok, I disabled adblock, and i see what you mean. There are new windows, and prompts to downloadand install adware. However these are easily closed.I do not class this as malware, as you can just close the windows. Maybe you should install an adblocker

13. controler

controler Guest

I am mostly just posting for others benefit. I personally use adguard. The story above that I told about a co worker was when he went to Yify to download a torrent. He got the popup And I am not sure if it was for a new version of flash player. He is not computer savy at all. He is one of the normal people that can't even copy files to a USB stick and so he clicked yes on the popup , thinking he needed a newer version. Can I say social engineering? Most of my time spent here in the past was not for the experts here but for those common grandmas ect that need help.
    Oh yea the great IT people had Symantec endpoint security on all our computers. That sure didn't help much at all.

~ Removed URL As Per TOS ~

and

~ Removed URL As Per TOS ~

And the newest Beta or Norton shows all OK if you do a google search of just plain Yify. YA know? Norton's site advisor

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  14. controler

controler Guest

CloneRanger.. You WON!!!!!! now who else would have remembered that? Yes those sure were the days. I still have some of those e-mails with the great explanations Kevin used to give.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.