Yet another new member with problems!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wullum, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wullum

wullum Registered Member

I have just downloaded "Spyware Guard" and done an up date - it shows version 2.2.0

1. Is this correct?

2. How do I make the program scan my drives - or does this program just stop new spyware.

Isn't amazing that we go along coping well with all that our computer programs need and as soon as we put a foot into a new pond we feel like beginners again.

Help :rolleyes:

PS - and what does the not at the foot of this forum page mean?

"Post a Poll?"

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi wullum, and welcome to Wilders, :)

You've got the current version of SG, all right -- you can double-check by clicking on the SG icon in the toolbar, definitions date should show as 1/22/04.

Neither SpywareGuard nor SpywareBlaster offers scanning options -- they both work (in different ways) as resident or "sort-of-resident" protection. SpywareBlaster sets kill-bits in the Registry but normally isn't an active process, so I like to call it sort-of-resident. I'd recommend that you get yourself a good scanner too -- Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware are probably the two best-known and most popular ones.

As for polls, they're topics but in a special count-the-votes format. You'll find there's a forum specifically for Polls, and (the mods will, I'm sure, quickly correct me if I'm wrong) I think they prefer if you put new polls there, to keep things neatly organized here.

Wander around and enjoy the useful info and good companionship here. :)

Best,
    Mike

3. steveUK

steveUK Guest

:Yet another new member with problems!
    the help menu in the software and the description at download sites says what it does aswell. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.