Yet another new member with problems!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wullum, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wullum

wullum Registered Member

Jun 28, 2004
    I have just downloaded "Spyware Guard" and done an up date - it shows version 2.2.0

1. Is this correct?

2. How do I make the program scan my drives - or does this program just stop new spyware.

Isn't amazing that we go along coping well with all that our computer programs need and as soon as we put a foot into a new pond we feel like beginners again.

Help :rolleyes:

PS - and what does the not at the foot of this forum page mean?

"Post a Poll?"
  2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Jan 5, 2004
    southern Ont. Canada
    Hi wullum, and welcome to Wilders, :)

You've got the current version of SG, all right -- you can double-check by clicking on the SG icon in the toolbar, definitions date should show as 1/22/04.

Neither SpywareGuard nor SpywareBlaster offers scanning options -- they both work (in different ways) as resident or "sort-of-resident" protection. SpywareBlaster sets kill-bits in the Registry but normally isn't an active process, so I like to call it sort-of-resident. I'd recommend that you get yourself a good scanner too -- Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware are probably the two best-known and most popular ones.

As for polls, they're topics but in a special count-the-votes format. You'll find there's a forum specifically for Polls, and (the mods will, I'm sure, quickly correct me if I'm wrong) I think they prefer if you put new polls there, to keep things neatly organized here.

Wander around and enjoy the useful info and good companionship here. :)

3. steveUK

steveUK Guest

:Yet another new member with problems!
    the help menu in the software and the description at download sites says what it does aswell. lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.