Yes I got infected!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jo3blac1, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Yup its to run along with one not replace it.

2. Disagree. I use it as my primary scanner and it does a OK job. I don't expect it to protect me from everything just run of the mill nasties.

The thing I like most about it besides the small updates is that it has a active community submitting malware samples, they have learnt what most other AV's have forgotten is that you need to harness the skills of the community you serve.

More community participation the better product IMHO.

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

That's exactly what it doesn't do. The run of the mill nasties are already handled by traditional AV's, MBAM focuses on what the AV's aren't good at and leaves what they're already good at up to them.

4. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

That is exactly why I had MBAM Pro installed on my system without AV. I can imagine that the kind of malware that bypasses NoScript is the kind that most AVs wouldn't detect anyways.
    Now Im running Fortinet AV for those times that I get ppt or USB from someone else.

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Yes, it's also why I like MBAM, but if users don't understand that, it can be risky.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Your not just disagreeing with me, after all who am I, but your disagreeing with MBAM's developers as well and who would know the product best?

7. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

You're correct, this is my understanding as well.

MBAM will only scan files upon execution, manual scans, or if the user has set scheduled scans.

The OP didn't get infected, but his USB device presumably did. His security setup was adequate to prevent this type of malware infecting his system (autoruns disabled). The OP might choose to protect his USB device with something like Panda USB vaccine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.