Yahoo zombies + VIDEO

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by TECHWG, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Nice video. Not sure how you found out those conference names but nice work.

Thanks,

Chris

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

using Vmware, and packet sniffers/loggers, i could find the name of the conference, and then when you connect to that, you see all the names . . easy really . . just gotto get the actual virus, not hard considdereing the creator was boasting on a yahoo chat room giving it to people

4. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Cool and nice job again.

Thanks,

Chris

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

thanks

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yahoo games voice protocol? I don't seem to have heard of it before. Is it a chat function or IM function inside yahoo games.

This case is easy to understand. It's a bot net virus using yahoo... this is just really another dark side of the internet. But hey not surprising when it comes to public chat rooms like these. I would love to experiment around with these sort of things, but don't want to waste unnecessary resources and time with this machine.

Anyway, good work on exposing a virus like that.

7. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

yes as far as i have been informed from programmers, Yahoo has forgotten about these servers (i am skectical that yahoo can forget about servers that are being used by people). There are chat clients for yahoo that allow you to connect to these servers and have a private chat like a confrerence. For example Yahelite , when you are in a chat room you can type /vj my secret convo or something and boom you open a games voice conference that anyone can join if they know the name.

This guy btw has now about 40 machines infected now with his final version 40 . . . . last time there were 4

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    How does he infect the machines?
    Mrk

9. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

well i am not 100% sure, BUT he did let slip once that hes infecting peoples computers by finding computers that have desktop sharing on. I am not sure if he means the microsoft remote desktop or not. But to test i scanned my isp subnet for an ip to mstsc to and when i connected it had Administrator in the username and i hit enter and nothing happened. Perhaps he does this in mass and finds ones that are open maybe ? maybe hes cracking old buggy VNC instalations that can be cracked . . i do know that he "remotes" their pc's and "puts it in there" manually him self. Your guess is as good as mine . . .:ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.