yahoo toolbar

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ?waters, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ?waters

?waters Guest

is yahoo toolbar and antispy any good

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

some guys on another forum site seem to think so. i tried to get it and while it was d'lding my ie crashed. i stopped the transfer and alls ok now. so i dont know, but im not chancing another try at it. it seems awfully strange that after i started the transfer my ie crashed, when it hasnt been doing that till then. id say try it if ya want, but be aware, it may cause probs.

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

In my experience the yahoo toolbar for antispyware is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

4. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

:D :D :D :D

5. scott lang

thats hilarious dvko1.

6. scott lang

well, i decided to give a go with the anti spy toolbar. last time i tried my puter crashed on me while dl/ding. i tried again and got it no probs. and i like the antispy deal i ran it and it found 3 things one was a trojan. it deleted all of them. hooray. so far its great. takes up a little more room with an added bar below my main ones and google bar. but i can get used to it.

7. still_longhorn

still_longhorn Registered Member

It is in essence a downsized Pest Patrol app... and aptly described as a "chocolate fireguard" :D but hey! give it some credit for detecting and removing its share of sleazeware....! I think it is a useful complement to what I have but wouldn't rely on it as my main line of defense... :rolleyes:

8. scott lang

aw no i wouldnt either. i have all the other goodies to protect for that but it is a fast little sucker only takes me 37 secs to scan. jus a little added help thats all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.