Yahoo Toolbar - Anti-Spy

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    What can you say on this Yahoo product? and also on their Anti-Spy? :rolleyes: o_O

Is it really worth downloading and installing it on our pc's? :cautious: o_O

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Personally, I'm against softwares from companies that deal in marketing / advertising. I would rather not install stuff from yahoo, google, msn and so forth.
    Mrk

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I download and installed their Toolbar in my firefox browser last night and it works fine for several minutes. But after I tried to configure some of its settings my firefox browser freeze up...:gack: o_O and I have no way to go but to reset my pc. Then, tried it again, but still it hangs. It looks like this toolbar is not really compatible w my firefox...:oops: I don't know maybe it's heavy. One thing also was that the anti-spy feature they said about was actually another set of download w/c is 2.3MB installer, and not really a toolbar bundles...:p

Huhummn....:isay: :cautious: so...I just removed it from my firefox browser, and from now on I will never go back using any toolbar on my firefox that was not really "related" to my surfing habits...:shifty: :D

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Wise decision !!!

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW, I have used Yahoo toolbar both on Firefox and IE since long with no problems at all( although not using now on my new PC). I don,t know why your firefox freezed. I liked its antispy, I heard it uses PestPatrol engine but can,t say anything on its performance although it is very fast in snanning.

I like multiple toolbars esp google is my favourite, makes search easy, and u can search within sites, can fill forms, g-mail access is easy as well, and u can translate webpage although not always. However it,s Page Rank function is useless, so I disabled it, I felt it just gives Visit Rankng of sites rather than any Trust Ranking. So, Ranknig was good even on Kazza sites!!!

See my firefox.

Attached Files:

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

My IE toolbars.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.