Yahoo! Messenger 11 Beta released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ibrad, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

2. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Well I have gotten to use it for a bit and I will say its better then YIM 10 but the social integration has a few small bugs I have found and reported. The one change you will see right away is the outter UI looks a little different and some people like it and others don't so its all up to personal choice. It seems to be a little quicker.

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Anyone else running the beta? So far no more beta updates published that I am aware of.

4. guest

guest Guest

Good, but nothing really exciting/innovative/unique, since pretty much all those new features to Yahoo IM beta are already part of Windows Live Messenger 2011 stable (WLM2011 is only available for Win Vista/Seven users).

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I used the Yahoo! Messenger (I downloaded it with a lot of other BT Yahoo! stuff from my ISP) a few years ago. It caused me some odd problems, particularly one where there was some clash between it & the UAC in which it wouldn't let IE 7 open. Fortunately I had Firefox. Then I later discovered that some of its old plug-ins were giving SeaMonkey some crashes. I eventually fired up & updated Windows Live Messenger & it has not caused me any problems. I'm not over-awed by the Yahoo! Messenger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.