Yahoo! Mail webpage problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I was going to login to my Yahoo! Mail using the secure option, and I get this weird looking page come up. As the picture shows, it shows like little "lines". I did a complete, full reformat of my PC and I still notice this error.

Could it be a problem with Yahoo! ?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you :)

Gracie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. gracie123

12 views... does anyone have a clue? :( Just concerns me because all my PCs do the same thing. I guess I'll need to contact Yahoo! support.

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Gracie,

I just checked out the same page on my pc and it opened just fine. It seems that yours is missing some pictures from the bottom.

Do you have anything installed and running that would block incoming images?

4. gracie123

Hi Capp :),

The way I found this problem is I went to Yahoo.com and I clicked the "mail" button at the top right hand corner of the page. This is where I noticed the problem. I try clicking on the "Check Mail" link with some Yahoo! services below in a box. I click "secure" and it works normal.

I have Spy Sweeper, NOD32, and Outpost Firewall Pro (latest version, not beta) and I don't have anything checked to let it block anything. The only things I have set to "Prompt" is:

- Java Applets
    - VB Script

I tried putting these to default which is "Permit" and it still won't work.

~ Gracie

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hmm...that is the same way I tried it and it worked fine for me.

Try clearing your cache (Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Delete Files)

This kinda baffles me. I'll keep looking :)

6. gracie123

Hi Capp,

Well I emailed support, lets see if they get back with me.

Hmm thats interesting if it works for you... but I guess the only thing I can do is see if anyone else knows what the problem could be and a message back from Yahoo! support.

I have a program called Privacy Guardian that deletes very well the cache, cookies, etc and I still have the problem :doubt:

Thanks again Capp for your help, I appreciate it :)

Gracie

7. Michael777

Michael777 Registered Member

The problem is "Yahoo.com" gets added to the IE Privacy (cookie blocker) site listing with an "Allways Block" setting. I believe Spyware Blaster is the culpret, though I do have other spyware apps running that place entries there. Remove "Yahoo.com" from the list, or set it to "Always Allow", and you will be able to log into Yahoo Mail.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.