yahoo I.M.

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by fastdog29, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastdog29

fastdog29 Registered Member

Having spent the best part of a day recently removing pest's downloaded via yahoo's I.M (one which set the clock at 06:06:06 !, and another that reset the date on the pc to 1899!).I was wondering if there is any help to be obtained with blocking the import of these annoying
    add-ons(incidentally,they got past NAV2003 and Black Ice).
    I ran a scan with spybot and they bypassed this as well (with the latest definitions!).
    The principal pain was "desktop.exe" that installed with the familiar Yahoo smiley logo and then proceeded to throw up spurious messages relating to the end of the world!(and vampires?!)

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi fastdog29.

Did you set up the "Virus Checker" feature in Yahoo IM?
    If not, you can do that by clicking with Yahoo IM by clicking Login> Preferences>File Transfer,and then browsing for your av scanner at the bottom in the Virus Checker box.

I mention that because I used Yahoo IM a long time before I read about the Virus Checker option.

3. fastdog29

fastdog29 Registered Member

yep,thats already done (by way of NAV 2003-automatically when I installed yahoo I.M.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.