XVIRUS PERSONAL FIREWALL 3.4

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by taleblou, Mar 31, 2015.

1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Anyone have tested this firewall? It has a free and pro version and right now there is a giveaway of it and was wondering how it is?

home page: hxxp://www.mysecuritywin.com/xvirus-personal-firewall.html

giveaway: hxxp://sharewareonsale.com/s/xvirus-personal-firewall-pro-giveaway-coupon-sale

2. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I gave it a quick test on an old XP machine. It seemed ok at first. The popups look like a dark version of Comodo firewall. When I rebooted the computer Xvirus crashed. Uninstalled.

3. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

I gave it an XP VM test. It is light, that is good, but required me to install .net 4.0. It also is running simultaneously with Windows Firewall. It just has apps allowed in its rule list. No ports or IPs? I like the outbound application control which is absent in the XP version of Windows Firewall but I'm not sure this fully qualifies as a stand alone firewall. It does qualify as a lightweight security app assuming all the other features work as advertised.

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

big "dislike" ;)
    - rely on dotNET (thirdparty)
    - no helpfile/help site/FAQ
    - no forum, i cant find it anywhere here http://www.mysecuritywin.com/forum.html
    - poor frontend with no explanations

absolutely no recommendation for the people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.