XRay from Raymond.CC

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by whitedragon551, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Anyone use this to better AV software vendors out there?

It allows you to upload samples to 35 AV vendors with a right click menu item. Very easy to use.

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/xray/

2. pintas

pintas Registered Member

Nice VirusTotal GUI. But not much more than that i'm afraid.
    VirusTotal uploader has the advantage of showing you the results immediately.

Better just use VirusTotal, it simplifies the proccess...

3. whitedragon551

Oh how wrong you are. This submits samples to 35 antivirus vendors for analysis rather than just virus total for a scan.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Yes, I just read the blog as well:

5. pintas

pintas Registered Member

Oh, maybe i didn't give it propper attention.... sorry.

6. masterperv69

masterperv69 Registered Member

Re: X-Ray from Raymond.CC

I have muy concerns about this program! !st of all you were correct in your 11st statement about X-ray. The 35 anti-virus it uploads to..is just the same 35 virustotal uses already, not 34+ virustotal. Now here is where it gets interesting. VirusTotal already HAS A PROGRAM THAT DOES THIS!
    link: -https://www.virustotal.com/static/bin/vtuploader2.0.exe- instructions: https://www.virustotal.com/documentation/desktop-applications/
    Who would want to give their EMAIL ADDRESS and potentially wait for days for the resulto_O Who would make a program like this, if there already was a far superior one out thereo_O Welll lets think... what possible benefits or results could be had from such a program. Well lets see. These files are NOT sent directly to VIRUSTOTAL. They a packaged together...THE MALWARE AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! and obviously they have to be stored somewhere before being shipped off to VT. Now someone is potentially getting access to some of the worlds latest, undetected MALWARE and a source email. INTERESTING huho_O
    Sounds pretty fishy to me?!! get back at me with your thoughts, I need to get some other opinions on this....maybe I am just over reacting?? I have contacted both Raymond and Virustotal and received responses from both! I will discuss the details depending on if anyone even a response to this!!!

Masterperv69

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  7. whitedragon551

Re: X-Ray from Raymond.CC

You may want to get off the internet and put your tinfoil hat back on.

The program you linked to uploads the file to Virustotal for scanning.

The tool in this thread is to submit samples to 35 AV companies for analysis.

They are not the same thing. In order to send an email you must provide an email address. Makes perfect sense. AV companies would like to know who sends the sample because 9 times out of 10 they respond to that email submission and let you know if it was benign or malicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.