XP Updates Fail Until ESS Disabled

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

There were 2 XP Updates and an IE7 Update this a.m. that failed twice Until I Dis-abled the FW and AV (Malicious Tool Update Did Load). Will be interesting to see if anyone else experiences the same. My last Windows updates were 1/23 & the AV, Update, and FW Modules have ben updated since then - wouldn't know which to blame - If Any. FYI

2. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

Is your firewall set to automatic or interactive mode and is there any rules set to block svchost.exe?

3. COSMO26

I'm Auto FW & forgot to say so.
    This may be a single instance but i thought I'd go ahead and post since we've had some Module Updates and I've never had a problem prior with Win Updates.

4. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

I have installed those updates and had no problems at all. ESS was running in Interactive mode.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have installed the new updates on all our computers . Different machines using different Windowses , using EAV,ESS,NOD32 and had no problems.

@COSMO26

Perhaps you could check your Windows Update logs

6. COSMO26

Thanks for the Update.log suggestion - hardly knew of it. The two errors are in prior posts all over Google-land ( 0x80072EE7 and 0x8024402C ) and one thought was ["So this could point to either an error in the SUSServer (which should be listed higher in the log file when the service starts) or a DNS issue".] -- but one poster siad when he Disabled Norton Firewall, the download worked when all other hi-tech tricks did not - just as with me.

There's no point in hashing this out for one guy; I'll wait til next time and try a post in WindowsUpdate if issue persists. Many thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.