XP Transform Easy To Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by EASTER.2010, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

EASTER.....

Quick question: What is the recommended INSTALL set-up? Full, Standard or Minimum.....or CUSTOM (If so, what's the best set-up to install) ?

Also under Files > Applications....do you recommend to install ALL of the applications? (see pic below)

If I already have IE7 installed on my XP....will it no longer be there if it's NOT selected under "Applications"?

I just want to make sure before I install this program.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I checked everything. Program is nice. Easily uninstallable also if not to your personal taste too. Nothing of any concern, just a really cool Vista appearance. Simple and interesting.

Hope that helps. LoL

3. Birdman

Thanks. By the way, I am NOT getting the transparency effect with this as was pictured in your screenshot. Any way to fix this? thanks.

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thank You innerpeace.

Everyone, enjoy Vista looks without problems. Icons are only default (Yukkk!) I use Glass Transparent Folders thanks to DeviantArt and another freeware icoFX that llows you to use any image to make your own Icons to your taste.

Absolutely Fabulous without dealing with Vista issues. Is XP on Vista steroids and appearances. Show off your new XP Vista LoL

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Has anyone checked yet to see if you are still able to update Windows with this installed?

Does it uninstall cleanly?

thanks

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Unlike most, i don't trust $M updates and even if i did it would destroy your artwork if you like your XP to look better than it's puke ugly defaults. With HIPS i don't need updates but i know many of you live by them, so i can't in all honesty offer any decision either up or down to that question. And before you do install, make sure someone else has positive results when it comes to Updates.

Since VistaMizer DOES modify several critical visual files to showcase Vista looks, my guess any updates would destroy them.

As far as uninstall cleanly? YES Look in your ADD/REMOVE programs list to find it.

Regards EASTER

8. Birdman

I'm not talking about ICONS.....I meant the transparency effect on the browser and windows borders (where the max, min, close tabs are). Currently they're a faded solid blue color. Is there a way to make them transparent?

9. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I don't know about these two programs, they claim to be able to give you the Vista looks, aero glass that is.

Fastaero
    Vystal[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

10. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

11. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

This program replaces some of the Windows XP system files to achieve its effects (which I am uncomfortable with).

Use it at your own risks !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.