XP Service Pack 3 Issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jconger, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jconger

jconger Registered Member

Anybody else having problems installing Nod 3.0.650 after they apply Windows XP Service Pack 3. I get the following message:

The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello jconger,

Are you installing a trial version of NOD?

3. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    No problem for me with french XP SP3 install package and french NOD32 3.0.650 (installed on XP SP2).
    The only problem encountered is while upgrading Windows Live Messenger (after SP3 installation and PC reboot) but it was a package error... I uninstalled current windows live messenger then reinstall Live Messenger 2008 just newly downloaded from microsoft repository... I can't say if NOD 32 were involved in this problem...

Regards

4. jconger

jconger Registered Member

I'm using a production BE version. Can you verify that your install works correctly? If you have XP sp3 installed try to install the Nod 3 650 version.

5. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

XP SP3 BE edition with 3.0.650 all English - no problems here, fwiw.

6. Damon85

Damon85 Registered Member

Been reformatting a few PCs here in the office and have been putting a slipstreamed copy of XP SP3 on them. I'm not having any issues getting NOD32 BE 3.0.650 to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.