XP Pro, thinking it's not a M$ product??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FukenFooser 007.5, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FukenFooser 007.5

FukenFooser 007.5 Registered Member

o_O :eek: :( :mad: :oops: :'(
    Hello to all "Team Wilders"...!!!!!!!

Got myself into a real good one, lastnight/today, can never tell if it is......
    Pilot error......."Loose nut behind steering wheel"...!
    Or "Bad info from the ground crew"...NAyy... can't be that, only come here now that I've found you!!!!!!!
    ANYway this is the deal........

When trying to check Email today........
    ERROR # 1
    "Sorry , we could not sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist or your pass word is incorrect.
    If you have forgotten your password, please click Help in the main MESSenger window, and then click Help Topics for Instructions on resetting your password. 0x81000303"
    And then....
    ERROR # 2

"Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer.

You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use Windows Update."
    When trying to up-date to fix email............o_O?
    :( :( :(
    any idea's ... ? o_O
    Now that I'm trying to fix this I have security turned so down or low that I probebly shouldn't be on-line at all.
    thanks for any......any.....help!

And yes I tried M$ first only to get frustrated :mad: ! and o_O

please...

:'(

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Do you have an updated resident running antivirus installed, and if so, which one?

Running a firewall as well?

regards.

paul

3. FukenFooser 007.5

FukenFooser 007.5 Registered Member

:)
    Hello Paul, thanks for the reply.
    Sys now is almost fixed but still something checked wrong somewhere?
    Am running using, zone(free),Sygate,TC Active, TC monitor,AntiVir XP, AVF 6.0, and yes they are updated a couple times a day. I would love to post a "asviewer" report here for someone smarter than I to look over and see what I have done wrong or right.
    Also have but not running, eScan tool kit, trap3, Spycop, AD-aware6.0,asviewer, NOD32, (not tried yet),Registry mechanic,(not sure about), and the Microsoft Baseline security analyzer(an easy way to lock stuff up so not using), and also used since start post, windows XP prefetch clean n control, ( helped get me back into email the hard way still allthou).

But thanks to All of "Team wilders" the info here is best and many tech challenged (me), enjoy the help!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.