XP or Windows 7?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LaFemmeMichele, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I run XP and love it, but in this case I believe you should opt for Windows 7.

If you haven't already tried W-7, here is a link to Softpedias' download page for Windows 7 Enterprise.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-7.shtml

Download the ISO, burn to DVD, and install; it's as simple as that !

If I remember correctly, you will have the choice of 32 or 64 bit versions and this full-function trial is good for 90 days.
    The download page states that you have until March 31, 2010 to download, but I downloaded and successfully installed the trial version about two weeks ago.

Good Luck !

2. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Best to keep up with the times. If your hardware can handle it then go for 7.

I got XpProS2 on a laptop designed for Win98 P11 128MB ram and its amazing.

I know of Corporations already running windows 8 so yeah keep up with the times and go 7. :argh:

3. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

Oh My!

I've been indisposed or rather transposed, :) much like Alice in Wonderland, setting up my new Windows 7 x64 notebook... All the responses! Thank you so much, each and everyone of you. I really appreciate your input. The information on these threads is invaluable.

Best Regards,

M

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

All I can say from experience is that all of the retailers we checked out had W7.No XP. I don't even recall seeing anything with Vista on it.
    It made the change that must easier for us.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.