xp home native defragger and fdisr233-Files to exclude?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by prometheus, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prometheus

prometheus Registered Member

If one uses xp home's native defragger with fdisr233, do you need to manually exclude some files like you do with raxco's perfect disk defragger or? I don't see a way of manually excluding files with xp home's native defragger. Did leapfrog design fdisr to only work with raxco's perfect disk defragger or what?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You no longer need to worry about it. I use Disktrix UD2008, and I don't exclude anything.

Pete

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

As Peter said, everything is OK with the Windows XP defragger. I emailed the head man at Raxco tech support a few years ago when Raxco still sold the excellent original FirstDefense and he gave me a rather detailed explanation of how the defrag process worked and how Windows defragger would not hurt FirstDefense. Unfortunately I no longer have those emails to forward or prove it to you so all I can state is this: the built-in WindowsXP defragger will not mess up FirstDefense. Just think how many tech support calls Raxco would have received it the XP defragger had messed up FirstDefense, after all, the majority of folks using FirstDefense were probably using the built-in Windows defragger. Only some third-party defraggers from a few years ago could mess you up. If you are using a "modern" original copy of FD with the built-in XP defragger you have nothing to fear, my wife's pc is set up that way.

Acadia

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Whilst it's true you don't need to exclude anything now, it seems PerfectDisk still does:

Attached Files:

5. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

So Pete, i assume that when using PerfectDisk (v.2008 or v.10) and/or iobit SmartDefrag nothing need to be excluded?

So defragmentation in FD-ISR no longer is a problem in any way?

Is this case with all defrag tools that nothing should be excluded?

Is this a new way in functioning with new releases of FD-ISR?

- Renegade

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes indeed. I run UD2008 with nothing excluded. No problems.

Pete

7. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Thanks Pete. :thumb:

It's has been quite a long since i have used FD-ISR and i have been absent from FD-ISR forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.