XP - firewall alternative to Kerio 2.15?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sydneys, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sydneys

Sydneys Registered Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Hello everyone,

In these days I am trying to put some order in my father's computer and facing the decision of a software firewall, I have been left clueless...he still uses XP (hence, integrated firewall is almost useless) and he is behind a router firewall.

What I'd be looking is a simple firewall that can let me configure which applications can communicate outside (and thru which port) and those which cannot. My ideal firewall up until a couple of years ago was Kerio 2.15, almost perfect with the BlitzenZeus Ruleset slightly adapted to my needs...nowadays I do not know if it could be a viable option anymore...on the other hand, after a glance at the actual products, I see that many are stuffed with many other functionalities (HIPS,...) which aren't directly associated with a firewall...

so, I kindly ask you if you could help me choosing a lightweight, possibly good firewall, to pair it with the router one, that could enable me to simply put in place a "fire and forget" ruleset, filtering the applications...

Thanks for your kind help

STONEMAN Registered Member

Jan 17, 2009
    London,South Of The River
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.