XP - Firefox and Chrome

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I read today an article in PCWorld regarding if you can't or won't stop using XP.

In the article the author made this statement: "Use Firefox or Chrome: An out-of-date browser is an open door for malware, and any version of Internet Explorer that runs on XP is very out of date indeed. But the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome can still run on your machine."

I am currently still using IE8, I understood that until I upgraded to Windows 7, IE8 was the most current version browser I could use. Have I been wrong all this time? I do intend on upgrading to Windows 7 but have decided to dual boot and keep XP for as long as I need to.

As always I will appreciate any and all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

IE8 is the latest version for Windows XP. The author is saying that on XP you can only run IE6/IE7/IE8 all of which the author considers "very out of date indeed".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.