XP/2K Lite released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by root, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. root

root Registered Member

Find it here!
    Want a thrill? Nice to have a little control over those things that Bill Gates doesn't want you to control.
    Only downside is you have to disable System files protection, but that doesn't bother me much.
    I made a fresh backup image and then installed it. Took about half the junk out including IE and OE.
    BYe-bye to about 95% of Windows exploits.
    I noticed a little increase in performance, but nothing as drastic as what 98 Lite did for you.
    Once you go thru the install routine and disable system files protection, then its just a matter of taking out what you don't want to keep. Everything is reversable if you change your mind later.
    No ability to do a clean install with it like 98 Lite had, but still it works a treat.

2. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi Root :)

How are you ?

I see you finally decided to give 2000Lite a try - in fact, I'm sure you just couldn't wait 'till the final version was released... :D

Any comment about your newly re-born system after a couple of days use ?! Just curious...

Is this soft as amazing as 98Lite is ?

I wonder if anyone has already tested it on WXp ?!...
    Not sure. Seems only a few of us do understand the power of this PCLite technology. Pity...

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

Attached Files:

3. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Not really a downside since you may just reactivate this function after customizing !? Or did I miss smthg ?

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

Attached Files:

4. root

root Registered Member

Hi Crockett. Shortly after I had installed 2KLite, my harddrive crashed. It was a mechanical thing, not related to software.
    Up to that point, 2KLite was ok. Not the big change you got in 98lite, but still some help.
    I may try it on my new XP computer after I get a backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.