XMON- Notification Setup Not Found

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Gershwin, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershwin

Gershwin Registered Member

Hi,

I plan to install XMON on our Exchange servers over the weekend. While I'm reasonably confortable with the settings, I cannot figure out from the Installation Guide for MS Exchange Server how to configure notifications to come to me for any detected threats.

I also don't see where XMON allows me to see / edit the "Anti-Virus Protocol" messages that it will put on infected messages.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jon

2. sparx

sparx Registered Member

I'm pretty sure the notifications are setup in the same place as the normal NOD32 notifications. NOD32 System Tools > NOD32 System Setup > Notifications. I believe that the alerts from XMON should generate a notification just like AMON or IMON would.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem is that MS Exchange passes bodies and attachments to XMON separately. As a result, XMON doesn't know what email an attachment belongs to so it cannot put any message to the body of infected email.

4. Gershwin

Thanks for getting back to me, Marcos.

However, this is a little confusing. On the one hand, you're saying that XMON doesn't know what attachment belongs to which e-mail, but, nevertheless, XMON can apply the "Anti-Virus Protocol Messages" to whatever it finds.

Perhaps you could clarify this.

Thanks.

Jon

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  5. Gershwin

Thanks, Sparx.

As a new user, it's a little hard for me to get my head around the NOD32 structure after so many years with McAfee - I was looking for this in the XMON settings and forgot completely to look at the NOD32 System Setup area!

Glad you checked in!

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.