XMON causing Outlook syncronization to fail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mccracky, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mccracky

mccracky Registered Member

We have NOD32 for Exchange (Exchange 5.5 on WinNT4sp6) and have been having problems with Outlook syncronization failing. We have narrowed it down to XMON causing the problems and have had to temporarily turn off XMON to let users sync there email. It seems to be that NOD32 delays things enough that things fail. Looking at the sparse documentation for XMON I thought it might be the "Time Limit" under the performance settings that would block an email message and cause things to fail. But then I read:

Time Limit (for Exchange 5.5) - sets the time interval for running the virus scanner.
    Time Limit (for Exchange 2000 and 2003) - a time limit for scanning an individual file.

What in the world does "sets the time interval for running the virus scanner" mean? If it needs more time I would think that I might set it higher, but if it is how often it runs, I might want it lower. Please clarify the issue.

Any thoughts that might help salve the issue? Thanks!

Steve McCracken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.