XMON background scanning

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by rpremuz, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpremuz

rpremuz Registered Member

Hi!

I'm repeating the question I asked about a year ago as nobody replied.

On a MS Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (ver. 6.5, build 7638.2) I use NOD32 for MS Exchange Server ver. 2.71.9.

Following the advice in "NOD32 Antivirus System - NOD32 Server Edition for MS Exchange Server Installation" (nod_ug_exchange_en.pdf) I disabled the background scanning in XMON so that it does not scan all messages in the Exchange Information Store at each virus signature database update. Also, I created a scheduled task of the "XMON - Run background scan" type that runs daily outside working hours.

With these settings I noticed that the XMON background scanning option gets back on after some time (it seems that happens after my XMON background scanning task runs for the first time). Is this a bug in NOD32?

Also, is there a way to get a log about running the XMON background scanning tasks? I can't find any log about the tasks in either NOD32 Control Center Event Log or NOD32 Scanner Logs.
    In the XMON Setup I have enabled the following options:
    Logs -> Content -> Scope: Detailed

TIA

-- rpr.

2. lemongalaxy

lemongalaxy Registered Member

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Does anyone have a solution to this yet?

3. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

If no one has responded since the post was made 5 months ago, probably not.

You're best off submitting a ticket to support who will respond within 5 working days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.