Xlime Offer Optimizer.com

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by rtf15, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatexlime

hatexlime Guest

Webroot Spy Sweeper did not work for me either. Ahrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    (And I used the paid version.) :(

2. Mags

Mags Guest

Click on "Tools" in Internet Explorer, then "manage add-ons." If there's a program/file called "localINRDObj" DISABLE it and your problem will likely be solved. (I note there are comments about deleting a similar file, but this simple step worked fine for me.)

The same day I did this, however, I also finally figured out how to get rid of winadalt and winadctl (two things that suddenly started showing up in my Task Manager after my last Windows update - which also coincided with the sudden onslaught of pop-ups.) So it's possible that the following steps are what really solved my problem....

Start
    Run
    type in "regedit"
    Control F (find)
    type in "winadalt"
    click on whatever file(s) come up and if there is an entry in the "Value Data" field, erase it. Apparently, an entry in this field hides the program. Click Control F and "find next".... continue through the entire registry till you find and remove the Value Data for any winadalt or winadctl files. Once this is done, WinAdAlt will show up in the add/remove programs menu and you can remove it.

3. OldNaffraid

OldNaffraid Registered Member

After using adaware se,i also had installed pop-up no no program havent had another problem with xslime I mean xlime. :ninja:

4. Just a guy

Just a guy Guest

This seems to have worked for me:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites -> Type in "xlime.offeroptimizer.com" -> Click "Block"

That's it. I JUST did it and so far it has worked. I've gone to the sites i used to always get the pop ups, and none. It's wonderful! I've been getting them so long it's almost odd not to see them.

5. That did not work for me, and my IT people are clueless. Any other solid solutions?

6. Kict

Kict Registered Member

There is a great way to get rid of xlime...
    Stop using IE. Get Firefox from www.mozilla.org. A better, safer browser.

Kict

7. the sign guy

the sign guy Guest

i searched for the file *localNRD.dll* found it, deleted it, finally smiled agian, and got back to work! Quick and easy! Thanks lps622

8. So is eBay one of the places that gives this to our computers?

9. I have searched for "localNRD.dll" to delete-no luck
    Ad Aware-no luck
    None of the above recommendations have worked for me, and I am about to buy another computer just to get rid of "exlimeoptimizer" Over 100 adds a day and that when I pay attention. I trade for a living so I simply cannot afford to be attacked this way. What do I do?
    I'll just NEVER use EXPLORER again, and evidently go with Mozilla. Righto_O

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A couple links to read through. Link Link

11. ThankYou!
    The guy that had the link to xlime made my day. The uninstall program does work! No more adds, and it's been a couple days now.

It's simple to do too.

12. jjoesemo

jjoesemo Guest

go to tools while in internet explorer > manage add-ons > then disable any thing starting with "btgrab", or any other file that looks suspicious.
    this worked for me, and i will always be checking my add ons in the future

13. GRATEFULL

GRATEFULL Guest

I THINK THIS WORKED !!!!!!!!!!

DO I DAR ESAY IT OUT LOUD !!!!!o_O

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

14. czygarlicke

czygarlicke Guest

I am the epitome of the computer user who spends many hours a day online, but have no technical skills for fixing computer software, virus, or spam problems. I have been plagued with the xlime.offeroptimizer spam for several months and tried what I could follow from internet postings with no success. Finally, a friend who is a computer technician told me to try installinig Microsoft AntiSpyware. I went to the website and downloaded a free beta Version:1.0.509. I know I can use it for a few months free and after that I am not sure. I have not had an xlime.offeroptimizer pop up since.

The web site is at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

Chris Z

15. Jcox

Jcox Guest

I deleted shockwave player and view point player and it cured it . I dont know how but after I did that it went away .

16. jcox

jcox Guest

Sorry ment uniinstalled them

17. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Post by {guest] "got you mother!#%"

Your post was removed due to incomplete information.

18. peacerules

peacerules Guest

I had similar problems with this Xlime stuff. You can simply run a free spyware scan at http://www.antispywarehelp.info and once you get remove that offeroptimizer xlime stuff, make sure to run a spyware scan on every computer reboot/restart.

Then switch to a much better web browser like Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox this should guard yourself against offeroptimizer xlime and other spyware/adware stuff.

19. youlllose

youlllose Guest

Go to offeroptimizer.com click on "contact us" and there is a removal link.

20. DarkManxXx

DarkManxXx Registered Member

If anyone still wonders bout this problem Adware Spy seemed to do it for me.
    You can dl a free copy and run a full scan but to Repair you need to register.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2005
  21. dog

dog Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2005
  22. Coonah

Coonah Guest

Hi all,

Ive been reading through all of your responses and nothin worked. I got mozilla when i first got my computer but a lot of sites dont play nice with mozilla so i still use ie every so often.
    Every once in a while i get a little popup from xlime and it is really annoying. Sometimes nothing will pop up. it will just shoe that it is running. I searched for
    it and didn't find anything please help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.