XIntegrity 1.6 - Experience/Comments?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JBB, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBB

JBB Registered Member

Has anyone tried XIntegrity 1.6. Looking for feedback - experience/comments.

2. JBB

JBB Registered Member

Found out that XIntegrity 1.6 (which works also with Win 98 ) does not detect new and deleted files (only detects changes to existing files). You have to get XIntegrity Professional to get the additional feature of detecting new and deleted files. However, XIntegrity Professional will not work on Win 98. So this is an issue for me, since I use a Win 98 PC.

It's too bad, it looked like it was going to be a very good solution for a FIC on a Win 98 PC. I liked the fact that it would make backup of files that could optionally be used to restore the changed file back to its prior image before the chnage.

However, for me its useless on a Win98 PC, since I need to also know about new files created and deleted files between scans. I just can't understand the reasoning behind this feature limitation in the XIntegrity 1.6 product. Really frustrating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.