XeroBank or OperaTor in SafeSpace

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lionman, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionman

lionman Registered Member

I cannot get SafeSpace to work with either XeroBank or OperTor browsers. Both browsers can work off of a USB stick, but I have both installed on my C:\ drive. Neither browser will work from within SafeSpace. Both browsers use the Tor network and are therefore anonymous and encrypted. I was hoping to have the best of both worlds, anonymous browsing and safe from malware browsing. XeroBank just gets stuck looking for a Tor circuit and OperaTor says a file is missing. That is as far as each program will work. I have tried adding other componenets of each program to SafeSpace but no success.

Any help?

Thanks, Lionman

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U should post on their forums.

Portable browsers have usually problems with Sandboxes. To make matters worse some sandboxes even don,t support FAT( like GesWall) and USB memory stcks are in FAT.

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

So you're trying to run xB Browser inside of a sandbox?

That's interesting. Run the debug mode for xB Browser and send me the log files.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Infact even portable opera does not run in SafeSpace even if u run it from ur hard disk.

This is due to strict policy restrictions I believe.

5. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

xB Browser running fine with Sandboxie. Not a single problem. When I tested SafeSpace I have similar problems with almost all possible programs. Sometime working, sometime not.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Reason is the way both sandboxes work.

SBIE relies heavily on virtualization while SafeSpace on policy restrictions.
    Infact SBIE is made to let almost anything run inside it while SafeSpace not.

7. eternalbeta

eternalbeta Registered Member

xB Browser is running fine also here in Sandboxie v.3.24. No problems at all!

8. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hi all.

Thank you for letting me know about these issues.

I will take a look at Xerobank, OperTor and Portable Opera, and will feed back my findings.

Best regards,

Kris.

Artificial Dynamics.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

And portable Firefox too. :)

10. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

If he's looking for anonymity, he might as well skip portable Opera and portable Firefox. Additionally, xB Browser is already relatively anti-malware as it won't let websites run any script or plugins you don't explicitly enable to run, knocking out most bugs/viruses out there.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  11. lionman

lionman Registered Member

Thank you for everyone's help. Steve helped me to figure out how to fix both XeroBank and OperaTor to run in SafeSpace. Besides adding the Program's .exe file to the Applications tab in SafeSpace, I also had to add the whole Program Files folder of XeroBank and/or OperaTor in Windows XP to the Privacy tab in SafeSpace and give the program full control to the folder. Works like a charm now.

Thanks all,

Lionman

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s preety staraightforward solution.

13. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hi Lionman.

I'm pleased to hear you are sorted now. I looked at the two applications and found some minor issues which we will hopefully resolve in the next release.

Best regards,

Kris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.