XBOX 360 and Windows Media Connect

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by TBR, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBR

TBR Registered Member

Hi All,
    I need to open ports 2869 TCP, 10243 TCP, 1900 UDP, 10280 UDP, 10281 UDP, 10282 UDP, 10283 UDP, and 10284 UDP in order to get windows media connect to talk to my Xbox but no matter what i do i cant figure out how to create the rules, even a basic one that lets all computers on my 192.168 network talk to each other without blocking anything.

I've created them and applied them at the top of the list yet it still shows up in the log as blocked.

Everything seems to get blocked with the Block other Packets rule.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Actually i have got this working now - but it seems when ever i specify a MAC or IP address in the Source part of the rule it stops working. I have tried the individual address of the Xbox (IP and MAC) and i have tried ranges i.e. 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.100. None of them work.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

If you have a router between your PC and the XBOX, this may be normal.
    Otherwise perhaps you didn't enter the information on the correct side (left/right side of the edition dialog box).

Frederic

3. TBR

TBR Registered Member

I do have a router but its between my ADSL connection and my home network.

My Xbox and my PC are on the same network subnet, my XBox dosent go via my PC to the network it goes directly via the router.

The Xbox can connect to my PC and to Xbox live, however Look'n'stop blocks it it i specify its MAC address or its IP address in the rules.

When this happens the Xbox's IP address 192.168.1.66 shows up in the Log, if i remove the IP or MAC address from the rule its fine.

My PC is on 192.168.1.64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.