xB Mail

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by SteveTX, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Hello everyone.

The long awaited xB Mail is nearly here. I have it up, running, and working. For those that have xerobank accounts, it will automatically download your mail credentials and settings from xb, and configure your mail client, and encrypt it and set your master password as "xero". If you are a xerobank 2.0 client, it will do the same, except your master password will be your PIN that you set.
    It will automatically set up your xeromail address and account, log in and grab your mail. This thing is SLICK. Now you'll be able to do all your mailing anonymously, portably, encrypted. We may also add a cryptographic container for your stored local messages if we get enough demand!

And guess what, we're translating it into xB Machine's version of xB Mail.

We've got some decisions to still make on the settings. For example, we have a method that can make it where Tor users can use it just like our browser. The issue is that tor doesn't have any smtp exit servers, so you'll hit a brick wall if you try to send regular mail. Additionally, there is the problem of using lack of encryption if you are using Tor, thus sharing your mail credentials with every exit node who cares to look.

So what does that mean? We can block all theoretically risky types of traffic while traveling over tor, if that is what you want. I think that is the way to go. We also still need to run some protocol analyzer tests to see if/what data is leaking.

Anyway, the point is that the xB Mail program is here, and the chrome is just being polished on it. Expect it ready for download in a week.

Questions welcome.

2. eternalbeta

eternalbeta Registered Member

Sounds good but I would definitely add a cryptographic container for stored local messages especially, but not exclusively, if it is used as a portable version on a USB stick.

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That sounds great. I haven't used XB mail in a long time......since I had to reformat. I will have to try it again. And on a USB stick? You can't get any better than that. I am wondering, could I use thunderbird for XB Mail and another email address as well?

4. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Naturally you can use as many as you want. But I think the xeromail address will always have to be #1 identity. Still some issues to sort out.

Yeah, we can add a cryptographic container for the whole thing, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.