xb browser

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by JB007, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB007

JB007 Registered Member

Hi all, recently I tried the xb browser after giving the $1 month a go to asses the service. I noticed when going onto some sites the xb browser gives you a warning that you are leaving an encrypted page and a third party may be able to watch, I thought all traffic was encrypted when the VPN was running?

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

JB007,

When you visit a site that has it's own encryption, and then leave for a site that doesn't, you get that pop warning to remind you.

All the traffic from you to our VPN is encrypted and anonymized before it reaches your destination, evading spying by gov, ISP, boss, etc. Once our network talks to you your destination website for you, it can only be additionally encrypted if that website supports it (https). That provides additional end-to-end encryption that prevents even XB from being able to see what traffic is going to that website.

3. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Yes everything is encrypted its just warning you are going from a ssl page to non encrypted page, with a vpn everything is encrypted until it leaves xerobanks server,the beauty in this is even if someone intercepts your data they don't no who it is cause its coming from xerobanks ip not yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.