xB Browser

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Dregg Heda, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I was recently checking out the xerobank website and I noticed they were offering a browser of their own for download. I was wondering what kind of protection their browser would offer. How is it more secure than other major browsers?

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

I believe the info you are looking for is here.

3. Dregg Heda

How does the free installer differ from the high speed network? By "upgrading to the high speed network" you are basically getting the full xerobank service right? Im a noob and Im having difficulty understanding the products you're offering.

4. Dregg Heda

Just to be sure if I get your service I wont need to bother with firewall, AV//AS/AT etc right?

5. SteveTX

When you upgrade, you get full VPN access and you go from slow anonymity to broadband speed. You get an anonymous email account as well. It makes all of your traffic anonymous, no matter what programs you use.

A firewall? Probably not, unless you have multiple network cards in your machine. Antivirus? I highly suggest you keep it. Antispyware? God bless Hitman Pro 3. :)

6. Dregg Heda

So if I upgrade I wont have to use the xB browser etc, I can use my own programs like firefox, IE, etc and Ill still be anonymous?

By upgrading I will be getting an xB personal account at 35 bucks a month which includes identity protection, internet privacy protection, anonymous surfing and anonymous proxies?

7. SteveTX

100% correct. But you can still use the xB Browser if you like, the browser will recognize you are using VPN and accommodate it.

8. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

Steve,
    can I surf anonymously with Firefox by just installing xB browser?
    By the way, will using free xB browser slow down my internet, although I have high internet speed?
    Thanks.

9. Dregg Heda

Security wise what kind of vulnerabilities should I be wary of with you service?

10. SteveTX

We control all our nodes and our nodes are in different jurisdictions than our corp, so there is no vulnerabilities of sybil attacks, exit node injection, exceptionally low legal and political risk, no logs, etc so you are free from the pain that other privacy and anonymity networks provide.

It is even less vulnerable than your normal internet straight from your ISP. Why? because now hackers and internet worms can't come to visit you via your public IP anymore.

11. SteveTX

xB Browser will not touch your regular Firefox at all. It has Firefox built into it, and can even run side by side with your normal browser. The free version is slow, and the paid version is very fast (multi-megabit).

12. Dregg Heda

Sorry Steve but my knowledge is very limited what are sybil attacks and exit node injections? What constitutes legal and political risk?

Why would I still need and AV/AS?

13. Dregg Heda

Oh and If I currently have malware running on my pc before I get your service, could that introduce vulnerabilities in the protection offered by your service.

14. SteveTX

Sybil Attacks are when a tor exit node lies about how much resources it has so it can get a disproportional amount of traffic sent to it. It then can be used to perform traffic analysis.

exit node injection... tor is encryption from you all the way to the final node. the final node contacts the website in plaintext and can see everything you do and surf at that website. Because the end connection is unencrypted and it is charged with the duty of passing back web data to you, it has the opportunity to insert malicious code. malicious code could be writing a secret javascript link into a webpage so that it would capture your login, compromise and identity, or cause your machine to download a virus.

As for your machine, if you already have a virus or somesuch on there, it probably will neither help nor hurt more. Use the normal softwares to clean off bugs, naturally.

15. tricke

tricke Registered Member

Hi Steve,when we'll download Mac version of xb browser?
    It should have been ready in August 2008

16. SteveTX

Depends. That is part of one of Kyles projects, and he has a lot on his plate right now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.