x264.exe - false alarm - a way to exclude a file at all times?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bernd22, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bernd22

bernd22 Registered Member

Hello,

I recently upgraded from v2 to v3. Everything has worked out fine, until today NOD32 has caused a false alarm and moved a file to quarantine.
    I was running an encoding program called x264(.exe). It writes a file to the harddrive (statsfile called x264_2pass.log.temp) and when it's done it will rename x264_2pass.log.temp to x264_2pass.log. This is when NOD32 kicked in and moved this file to quarantine. Of course my encoding was goofed, and I had to manually restart it after restoring the quarantined stats-file.

Is there a way to exclude .stats files from the Real-time file system protection/scanner? Not just in a specific dir, but on ALL dirs on ALL drives (I might start another encode running from another directory next time; and I dont want to exclude the .stats file for each time I am starting an encode).

Hopefully there is a solution to this. I look forward of hearing your answers.

Log: Real-time file system protection file C:\xxx\x264_2pass.log.temp - probably a variant of JS/TrojanDownloader.Cobase.B trojan -cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - Event occurred on a new file created by the application: x:\x264\x264.exe.

Regards,
    bernd22

edit: added log

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.