WSF mods [marcos!??]

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by BellaBoo, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaBoo

BellaBoo Registered Member

i laughed out loud!

srsly tho, THANK YOU to everyone involved in building this latest version --- i might however wait for a bit :)

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I really don't understand what's so funny about the quote that you included? :doubt:

3. c2d

c2d Registered Member

o_O
    I don't get it..

4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello

BellaBoo is ironic, and do not see ESET Anti-Theft and the Social Media Scanner as a motivator to shift to the new release of Eset version 6. LMFAO - splurk and srsly are words that i don't want to translate ;) , but go to Urban Dictionary for the translation. Well, i would have put it differently but in some extent, I agree with BellaBoo, without discussing it further.

Regards, Janus

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes that's what I figured too, but that still doesn't make the post any more useful.
    No need too :gack:
    Well maybe so do I, but afaik we still have the option to permanently disable features we don't find useful right now but maybe later on if that's what we want to do.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you do not wish to use ESET Anti-Theft or the Social Media Scanner, you can just leave them disabled.

There are also "under the hood" enhancements to advanced heuristics, disinfection and anti-phishing, however, marketing messages typically focus on what's visible to the end user.

Version 6 is a free upgrade to all currently licensed users, so whenever you do feel like taking advantage of some of the improvements, they will be available to you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. er34

er34 Guest

You say there are under the hood improvement, but Marcos claims scanning and detection in versions 3/4/5/6 is the same ? Disinfection is better in version 4 and 5, still haven't tested on 6.

I also support BellaBoo that NOD32/ESET have somehow more professional image than Norton home products (for example) and such features like BellaBoo described make professional users stay away from new versions. ESET marketing should concentrate on the better under the hood detection/removal abilities.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Nobody has expected that 100% of users will take advantage of Anti-Theft. If it helps thousands of users locate their stolen or lost laptops, then such a feature makes sense and pays off. You are free to decide whether or not you enable it, it's fully up to you.
    ESET has continually worked on improving detection and cleaning via engine and module updates and in no way does developing new features or making improvements to gui affects the ability to respond to new threats.

9. er34

er34 Guest

Just because of that :rolleyes: I was trying to say that marketing had better concentrate on more important improvements such as detection, prevention - features 100% of the users take advantage of.

Yes, I know that. :thumb: But marketing focus on the web page is in the new fashion features.

Attached Files:

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good day Aryeh!

IMO I would love to see these types of improvments mentioned on the website as well. It may not be important to me since I would find out one way or another ;)

But to e.g new customers, magazines that would test out/review the new version, how would they find out about the "under the hood" improvments if they aren't listed or at least visible somewhere on the website?

In other words, always tell/show everything that is NEW or has been Improved in the products on the website for everyone to see.
    Then many few users will probably ask questions about the stuff that has been improved since all the information is available on the website for everyone to see, all the yummy details :thumb: That's my opinion :)

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The thing is even if no new features were added over time, it would not make detection and cleaning any better. These are independent things requiring different knowledge and skills from developers.

12. stanr

stanr Registered Member

I use three of the six items pointed out.

"Stay Safe Online"

"Top Speed performance"

"Protection that fits You"

These are the same three reasons that I purchased Eset years ago and the same reasons I renew each year for my two computers. One is 8 years old and the only AV that does not bring it to it's knees is Eset.

As long as these three items remain the same or improve I am quite content.

Whatever else Eset elects to do is fine by me as long as it does not degrade the performance of the program or my system and continues to excel in the other items of my concern.

13. BellaBoo

BellaBoo Registered Member

oops, it would appear i have started something inadvertently :oops:

i took a literal view of the two items i quoted and ran with what now appears to have been a misguided gag...

i apologise to all involved for i meant no harm nor did i intend to demean.

i always *wait* to upgrade [any technology] because i believe first builds usually have a few teeth to pull and a couple wrinkles to iron out.

ftr: lmfao [an acronym] means 'laughing my f*ing a$$ off' [i do not know what definition urban dictionary provides]; *splurk* [a visual] means i spat out my coffee all over the keyboard; and srsly [text speak] means seriously.

to WSF mods, to marcos and all the other tech heads on this forum that provide valuable assistance, please accept my apologies...

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.