WSA Web Thread Shield and Identity Shield

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by JCRUYFF, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCRUYFF

JCRUYFF Registered Member

Hi

does Web Thread Shield need to be On for Identity Shield to work?? Because I disable the WebThread Sheild and WSA tray icon is gray with a circle orange "!"
    and it don`t appear me the lock icon of the Identity shield on the WSA tray icon when Webthread shield is Off and why no add a option to dismiss so that warning of circle orange "!" disappear and appear like normal in green and why WebThread Shield is so Horrible it don`t detected any links of malware that i tested with malware domain list

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The Identity Shield is linked to the Web Threat Shield so that it can see what website the user is on to know when to apply protection.

You should leave both on - WSA may not block a link directly, but the Web Threat Shield takes the information of the active website into account when analyzing files being downloaded from that website. Therefore, even if the full website isn't blocked, you'll still have strong protection against threats originating from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.