WSA Trial Issues

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by mhl6493, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

I recently installed a trial of WSA Antivirus on my 64-bit Windows 8 computer, and also on both a 32 and 64-bit Vista machine. I had issues on all of them that led me to uninstall.

When I opened IE on the Windows 8 computer, there was no "lock" symbol on the WSA tray icon, as I understand there is supposed to be to indicate that you're browser is protected. I have Symantec Endpoint Protection and MBAM Pro installed as well.

And when I tried it on both Vista machines, the lock showed up fine -- but WSA interfered with Comodo's Virtual Kiosk (would blue screen me every time I tried to open the Kiosk, or even Comodo's virtual browser.). In addition to CIS 6 on both Vista computers, I also have MBAM Pro installed.

Any idea what could be causing these issues? I'd like to give WSA a fair shot, but as it stands, I had uninstall. Thanks!

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Could you let me know what language you have your OS installed in, and if you have any screenreaders or similar accessibility applications installed?

Thanks!

3. mhl6493

I'm not a tech expert, so I'll answer to the best of my understanding. I assume my operating systems are all installed in English (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "language.") And I don't have any screenreaders or anything like that to my knowledge.

4. PrevxHelp

Thanks, can you write into our support inbox here: http://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

They will be able to collect logs from your systems to diagnose the issue closer. We would definitely like to fix both the crash and the padlock issue but please let me know if you find anything else in the meantime!

5. mhl6493

Thanks. Will I be able to send the logs, etc., even though I have uninstalled WSA?

6. PrevxHelp

The minidump on your Vista machine may still exist, but the main debugging logs wouldn't be in place anymore as WSA fully uninstalls itself. I suggest reinstalling it on your Win 8 machine so that we can diagnose closer. There won't be any negative side effects from not having the padlock show so you should be fine for testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.